Paypal

Saturday, October 28, 2017

William Sample to John W. Martin - 1863 Sheriff's Election


"Mr John W Martin
Please read if necessary on the day of Election

Notice

Having been informed that E R Smith my opponent in trying to create an impression that I am under promise to him not to run this race I told Maj Harris in the presance of Maj Fulkerson to rite to Smith and say to him if he wanted to run for the sherifalty to wait til my time or tearm was out and I then would give him my support But has he complyed with his obligation the answer must be no is this my tearm according to law if it is then he can have no claim whatsoeaver or hold me under any obligation in so much as he is contesting the tearm I was elected to hold the above is the true statement which I can prove at any time.

Your friend
Wm Sample

Apl 8th 1863"