Paypal

Thursday, August 20, 2015

The World War II Letters of Billy J. Campbell, Letter 2

[Letter from Ethel Campbell to her son, Billy. Circa April 5, 1945.]

Susie is looking for you to come.

Thursday

Dear Billy:

Here the week is all most gone and I haven't written you. I have been so busy. The children go to school one hour earlier so I dont have time to write morning before they leave. Anderson has been here the last two days for dinner, he has been plowing, and I cant do very much when I have dinner to get. Dad is here to-day turning out the cattle. He and the children when to the show last night - "Wing and a Prayer".

I hear Marvin is at home. Dad said he passed him the other day and hollered to him, but he had never to to talk to him.

We are looking for you home in a few days. Hope we get a letter to-day telling us when you can come.

Guess I better stop now I am trying to paint the bedroom down stairs to day.

Lots of love,
Mother

Ham said to tell you not to forget Friday the 13th. He is 6 yr. old.