Paypal

Saturday, January 6, 2018

World War I Letters of Russell County, December 20, 1918

The following letter appears in the December 20th issue of the Lebanon News:

"FROM FRANCE

Somewhere in France, Nov. 1.

Mr. B. J. Fuller, Jr.,
Honaker, Va.
Dear Father:

This lonely evening will drop you a short note as I am still in the hospital. Am O. K., and the big war is over and maby I will return some time in the future. I am well, feeling fine and my wound is healing.

The weather is pretty cool, but I have a good bed and plenty to eat, but I don't know when I will get to leave the hospital, so you can tell all the kids I will be back some day and not to worry. Tell Bob to just wait patiently and I will give him a job. Tell Lucy Hello.

Ice is freezing over here at night and it is very cold, crops were good there and plenty of apples and chestnuts.

I sure would like to take Xmas with you all but not this time, don't guess. As my old pen is bad will close and write more next time, and tell you more when I come home.

As ever,

S. C. Fuller"