Paypal

Friday, July 24, 2015

Minnie Hawkins to Margaret Cynthia Elliott Martin, 1887

Bristol, Tenn.
August 24, 1887

Miss M. C. Martin,

Dear cousin it is with pleasure I seat myself to answer your letter which I received some time ago this leaves all well hoping when these few lines come to hand they may find you all enjoying the same. You said you was coming over this fall. I will be pleased to see you come to stay a month some of your Russell folks was over last week. I was truly glad to see them from old russell again. When you come over this fall I will try and go home with you and stay awhile. Laura said to tell you to write to her she is spending the day here. She is going to move to bristol this week. She said to tell you she enjoys married life splendid. When you come over be sure and come and see me. You wanted me to come and go to preaching it would afford me much pleasure to come and spend the pleasant Sabbath evening. There is preaching and Sunday School every Sunday but I seldom care to go. I dont enjoy the summer enough to go. I went and spent the day with Laura Sunday and eat so many nice peaches and apples and enjoyed my self splendid. Marna said to tell all handy she would be pleased to see you all again. Max and the children went to bristol and spent the day and went to preaching. So as news is scarce I will close for this time write soon and often.

I remain your cousin
Minnie Hawkins

A favorite thou will always be
forget thee I can never
friends may forget to think of thee
but I'll forget thee never. M. H.